Category: Community

Bottles Up

How did bottle trees become a tradition in the South? Here is a condensed history lesson!    Start Saving Your Bottles Traditionally, bottle trees are made up of bottles saved over the course of years.  Any type of bottle can be used, but I think it’s most common to see wine and/or beer bottles used… Read more »

READ MORE

Interior Trends: Summer 2019

Team Be New Orleans sees a lot of houses every week – big, small, updated, and retro. As your New Orleans real estate agents, we find that you begin to see lots of the same trends in renovated homes. Subway tiles, the same shade of paint, flooring that similar in every home – these are… Read more »

READ MORE

Paint it Blue

If I ask you to close your eyes and picture your dream porch. What does it look like? Got a picture in your head? Here’s mine, it’s big wrap-around porch with rocking chairs, beside at least one of the rockers is a lazy dog, there are hanging Macho Ferns, a cat sleeping on… Read more »

READ MORE

New Orleans Farmer’s Markets: 2019

HELLO NEW ORLEANS! The summer heat is upon is us and this is when many of us opt for fresher, lighter fares. One of the best ways to get more greens and locally sourced food is to head to a farmer’s market. New Orleans has farmer’s markets all over the metro area and one… Read more »

READ MORE

How to Prep for Hurricane Season in New Orleans

June 1st marks the beginning of hurricane season! Anyone in New Orleans who lived here during Hurricane Katrina immediately has their PTSD flare-up. If you’re wondering how to prep for hurricane season in New Orleans – you’re in the right place. Whether you are new to New Orleans or born and bred, hurricane preparation… Read more »

READ MORE

How to Recycle in New Orleans

New Orleans should kind of be ashamed of themselves with how much waste we make. We measure the success of Mardi Gras by how much trash we produce – which, TBH, is sad. What we need to do is look at are more sustainable ways to do business. Many local bars and restaurants have… Read more »

READ MORE

Is Marijuana Legal in New Orleans?

Is marijuana legal in Louisiana? Is marijuana legal in New Orleans? People ask this all the time since we have very lax drinking laws in New Orleans.   Marijuana is not yet legal in New Orleans for recreational use. With a prescription, you can partake.   Marijuana is legal ONLY with a prescription in… Read more »

READ MORE

Get A Little Dirt On Your Hands

Few things feel more rewarding to me than planting something and watching it grow. Seriously, the joy I feel when one of my plants is blooming is pure – be it a flower,  a jalapeño, or a satsuma – there is something inspiring about knowing you planted, nurtured, and cared for a plant… Read more »

READ MORE