Category: Community

New Orleans Seasons

Welcome to New Orleans y’all! If you didn’t know before you to here, we don’t really have different weather seasons. We have summer and not summer. (Every now and again we get “winter.” If you’re from up north, you won’t think much of it.) New Orleanians like to reference other type of seasons. Here… Read more »

READ MORE

Neighborhood Facebook groups: How the help & how they hurt

You just moved into your new New Orleans neighborhood and would love to be kept up to date on stuff happening around you. Who doesn’t? That’s what neighborhood Facebook groups are for! I can’t speak for other cities, but neighborhood Facebook groups in New Orleans can get pretty epic. When I say epic, I mean… Read more »

READ MORE

New Orleans Schools: Where, When, and How

The New Orleans school system is much different in the post-Katrina world we are living in. Gone are the days of going to the school closest to your house. How does it work now? Ask ten different parents, and you will get ten different responses. After much research, your New Orleans real estate agents… Read more »

READ MORE

Straighten Up and Pi(e) Right

3-14…. you know what that means right? Time to let your inner math geek loose and celebrate everybody’s favorite never-ending number, it’s National Pi Day Y’all!!! Who makes a good pie? Well I’m glad you asked…   Pies to Buy. Levee Baking Company Y ‘all the hand pies…my mouth is watering just thinking about… Read more »

READ MORE

Hashtag: Mardi Gras Problems

People of New Orleans, here are your big #MardiGrasProblems.   To stay home or not “Finding the desire to even go” – Jeffy R. “Getting called into work on the one parade day you had scheduled off for 3 weeks.” – Aloysius “Mega crowds. Anxiety meds to the rescue….” – Meaghan C.   … Read more »

READ MORE

Because You’re My Sweet Thang

Valentine’s Day is upon us… are you starting to sweat because yet again this year you failed to make plans? Or maybe you are feeling down because Cupid hasn’t been so kind to you. Whatever the reason, you don’t need to stress or spend the day burning pictures of your ex – we are… Read more »

READ MORE