Category: Community

Peaceful Ponchartrain Park

The New Orleans neighborhoods of Pontchartrain Park & Gentilly Woods are mostly residential other than a few strip malls here and there. These are neighborhoods were everyone knows each other and the older residents can tell you stories about the old Maison Blanche that was located at Frenchmen & Gentilly Rd. Fast forward to today… Read more »

READ MORE

Amiable Audubon

Audubon, a New Orleans neighborhood that is considered “far Uptown”, is filled with long time residents, businesses, and college kids. You can stroll to cheap eats, fine dining, your barber, your Realtor (hint, hint!), and many things in between. One of Audubon residents favorite aspects is Audubon park and zoo. Walk under the oaks… Read more »

READ MORE

Non-Profit New Orleans

Give NOLA Day is one of my absolute favorite days of the year. The people of New Orleans come together to raise money for local non-profits on May 1st. Every time I find a new non-profit to fall in love with and support.  While that day has come and gone, these organizations need help year-round.… Read more »

READ MORE

Breezy Bayou St. John

Bayou St. John is one of the New Orleans neighborhoods that everyone just loves. You have a variety of options for outdoor activities, Bayou Boogaloo every year, and architecture that will make your out of town friends envious. Bayou St. John, IMO, is in the heart of New Orleans.   Check out some of… Read more »

READ MORE

Most Instagrammable Places in NOLA

“Hold on! Let me take a photo!” This is a common phrase you hear now that we are cameras on us at all times. Instagram brought photos taking to next level. We all stop now to snap a pic of our food, the scenery, that cute decoration. And I gotta tell you – I… Read more »

READ MORE

Groovy Gert Town

New Orleans neighborhood, Gert Town, was named for a man with the last Gehrke who had bought a corner store at S. Carrollton & Colapissa. In typical New Orleans fashion, we continued to pronounce the name as we wanted and it eventually transformed into what we call it now. While once pretty barren, Gert… Read more »

READ MORE

Spectacular St. Claude

St. Claude is one of those great, old New Orleans neighborhoods that make you feel like you’re at home. Plenty of native New Orleanians call it home with a crop of fresh residents realizing how affordable, and friendly, it is! While this New Orleans neighborhood is mainly residential and has a quite a few churches sprinkled around, you… Read more »

READ MORE

New Orleans Special Days

Nope. Not the “Special Man.” I’m talking about days that we in New Orleans hold near and dear and some that we need to add into our celebratory calendar. What constitutes as a special moment in New Orleans? Whatever you want, TBH. We wanted to choose moments that will make people smile, reminisce, and… Read more »

READ MORE

Get Inside!

Summertime in New Orleans can be challenging. We are all sweating profusely and moving from one AC to the next. Other than seeking out where the free pools are, you’re looking for an indoor activity that can help beat this sweltering heat!   Audubon Aquarium of the Americas Even as an adult, I thoroughly enjoy… Read more »

READ MORE

Street-Smart St. Roch

St. Roch is a New Orleans neighborhood named after the patron saint of dogs & dog lovers – which is perfect for this part of town! You can generally find someone someone strolling up St. Roch Avenue with their pooch in tow. St. Roch is mainly residential with some gorgeous churches and cemeteries speckled across their… Read more »

READ MORE