Fresh off of Halloween, it’s time to polish off that candy and get ready for the week! We have another parade, a large festival, and everything in between happening around the city this week. Take a look at our picks below!
Monday, Nov 1st
- What: Haus Party Drag Show
- Where: Carnaval Lounge, 2227 St. Claude, New Orleans 70117
- Time: 8 pm – 11 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Tickets are $10, VIP tickets $15; Purchase through Eventbrite
- Social Media: Facebook Event Page for Haus Party
Tuesday, Nov 2nd
- What: Day of the Dead Parade in St. Roch
- Where: 1405 Marigny St.
- Time: 5:30 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Join Krewe de Mayahuel in our traditional Day of the Dead procession to remember and celebrate our loved ones who have passed. The procession will follow our traditional route along St. Claude Ave. At arrival at the cemetery doors, we will have a short solemn moment where we will encourage community members to place their ofrendas on the altar. Following will be a short cultural program by Krewe of Mayahuel and other Culture Bearers. This is a festive yet solemn event, we encourage you to have a good time in a respectful way, Day of the Dead is a celebration that has many forms in different parts of the world and everyone is welcome. Remember to bring a candle. There will be a small altar in front of the cemetery where you can put a small offering or a picture of a loved one (if the item is valuable to you please don’t forget to take it with you when you leave).
- Social Media: Facebook Event Page
Wednesday, Nov 3rd
- What: Catbamboo w/ Coletta, Color Under Fire, & Green Gasoline
- Where: Gasa Gasa, 4920 Freret, New Orleans 70115
- Time: Doors @ 7 pm; Show @ 8 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Must be 21+ to attend
- Purchase Tickets
Thursday, Nov 4th
- What: WARdrobe: Fashion on the Rations
- Where: BB’s Stage Door Canteen, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans 70130
- Time: 6 pm – 9 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: The National WWII Museum and New Orleans Fashion Week present an evening of 1940s fashion with a modern twist. During WARdrobe: Fashion on the Rations, you will view unique pieces from the Museum’s collection that highlight wartime fashion—and are not typically on display on our campus. You’ll also enjoy a show of vintage-inspired fashions from the Museum Store that will be available for purchase, and throughout the evening, there will be a performance by the Victory Belles along with 1940s hair and makeup demonstrations by Vanguard School of Cosmetology. Online registration is required. Tickets include admission to the event, a drink ticket for The American Sector Bar & Restaurant, a swag bag, and a coupon for the Museum Store.
- Buy Tickets Here
Friday, Nov 5th
- What: Nature at Night
- Where: Audubon Zoo, 6500 Magazine St., New Orleans 70118
- Time: 6 pm – 9pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Nature at Night is a “kid-only” event for children ages 6-11 years old. Your wild child will enjoy an up-close animal encounter, a pizza party, special event-themed art/science, and a flashlight tour of the Zoo. $40/members $45/non-members
Saturday, Nov 6th
- What: Que Pasa Fest – Celebrating Hispanic Heritage
- Where: Lafreniere Park, 3000 Downs Blvd, Metairie 70003
- Time: 11 am – 9 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Free admission. Come have some fun, eat some delicious food and listen to live music all day.
- Website: quepasafest.org
Sunday, Nov 7th
- What: Open Mic Night
- Where: Neutral Ground Coffee House, 5110 Danneel St., New Orleans 70115
- Time: Doors @ 7 pm; Starts @ 7:30 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Every Sunday from 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm come get your 15 minutes of fame at open mic night!
- Social Media: Neutral Ground Facebook Page
Ready to buy a house with real estate agents in the know? Text us!