The New Orleans neighborhood known as Holy Cross is one of the best-kept secrets around. This section of the city is home to some amazing people – neighbors who look out for each other and have no problem lending a cup of sugar when needed. Do you need other reasons to buy a house in Holy Cross? Keep scrolling!
What are other reasons to love living in Holy Cross?
- Holy Cross sits on higher ground and the majority of it is an X flood zone
- It’s a racially diverse neighborhood
- Many houses have ample yard space
- Amazing views of the French Quarter and Mississippi
- Residents enjoy walking their dogs and jogging along the levee
- Commute to downtown is easy
- Affordable housing prices
- Appealing architectural styles
While Holy Cross doesn’t have many dining options, Cafe Dauphine is a treasure for the neighborhood – they offer traditional Southern comfort food. Mercedes Place is a locally run bar that will frequently sell hot plates and snacks too.
If you’re lucky enough, maybe the house you buy in Holy Cross will be one of the Dollut Homes!
If you’ve been wanting to purchase a historic property in New Orleans and want a more residential setting, then Holy Cross is waiting for you.
Need a New Orleans real estate agent to help you find your new home? Text us!