Welcome to Hot Hoods – where we tell you what the hottest neighborhoods of New Orleans were for the past month! This is the October 2022 edition.
0-$100k: 15 sales total; New Orleans East & Algiers each had 3 of those sales; with the lowest sale occurring in Algiers for $44k; all of the homes were in need of repairs
$100k-$200k: 38 sales; New Orleans East had the majority of the sales; it even included a few renovated homes!
$200k-$300k: 41 sales; Algiers was the winner of this price range; houses ranged from new construction (Broadmoor) to houses in need of full renovations (Bayou St, John)
$300k-$400k: 29 sales; Gentilly had the most sales; there was even a new build in West Carrollton in this price range!
$400-$500k: 19 sales; Lakeview was the winner in this department; ranging from a new build in Gentilly to a full renovation project in East Riverside
$500-$750k: 39 sales; Lakeview was the hottest ‘hood in this price point AGAIN; this also included a Fontainebleau & Broadmoor new construction homes
$750k-$1M: 14 sales; Audubon had the most sales with 3 of them; the remainder of the sales ranged from Lakeview to Fontainbleau to the Irish Channel
$1M & Up: 9 sales; Audubon was the winner of this category; the highest sale was $1.65M in that neighborhood
- 0-$100k: no sales
- $100-$200k: 10 sales; St. Roch had the most sales
- $200-$300k: 16 sales; Hollygrove & New Orleans East were tied with 3 each
- $300-$400k: 14 sales; Mid-City racked up 3 of those sales
- $400-$500k: 15 sales; the winner was East Carrollton
- $500-$750k: 9 sales; Bywater had 3 of those sales
- $750k-$1M: 1 sale; Uptown
- $1M & Up: 3 sales; French Quarter Uptown, & East Riverside; highest sale was $2.8M
Would you like to see the number for other areas of the city? Contact us!