Welcome to Hot Hoods – where we tell you what the hottest neighborhoods of New Orleans were for the past month! This is the August 2022 edition.
0-$100k: 10 sales total; Half of those sales were in Algiers for houses that need major renovations; lowest sale was $59k
$100k-$200k: 31 sales; New Orleans East had the majority of sales
$200k-$300k: 49 sales; New Orleans East & Algiers had the majority of these sales; houses ranged from new construction (New Orleans East) to houses in need of full renovations (Central City)
$300k-$400k: 32 sales; Gentilly had the most sales (even with some new builds!)
$400-$500k: 33 sales; Irish Channel was the hottest spot; This price point also included new builds in Gentilly & Milan
$500-$750k: 27 sales; Lakeview was the hottest ‘hood in this price point; this also included St. Claude new construction & houses in need of major repairs condition homes in the Lake Vista neighborhood
$750k-$1M: 15 sales; Lakeview, again, was the hottest hood for this price range; property conditions range from excellent to average and included a new build in Algiers Point
$1M & Up: 11 sales; Audubon was the clear winner of this category; highest sale was $2.4M
- 0-$100k: 3 sales; New Orleans East, St. Roch, & Hollygrove
- $100-$200k: 7 sales; Central City had the most sales
- $200-$300k: 23 sales; Gentilly had the majority
- $300-$400k: 10 sales; St. Claude & 7th Ward were tied with 2 each
- $400-$500k: 15 sales; the winner was Broadmoor
- $500-$750k: 19 sales; Broadmoor & Mid-City were tied with 3 sales each
- $750k-$1M: 2 sales: 7th Ward & City Park had these sales
- $1M & Up: 4 sales; French Quarter, Lower Garden District, Uptown, & Central City
Would you like to see the number for other areas of the city? Contact us!
Ready to find your own New Orleans home? Text us!