Welcome to Hot Hoods – where we tell you what the hottest neighborhoods of New Orleans were for the past month! This is the December 2022 edition.
0-$100k: 7 sales total; three of them were in New Orleans East
$100k-$200k: 40 sales; New Orleans East, Algiers, & Gentilly were all tied
$200k-$300k: 31 sales; Algiers was the front runner in this price range; houses ranged from new construction (Pontchartrain Park) to houses in need of full renovations (Irish Channel)
$300k-$400k: 27 sales; Gentilly had the most sales; there was even a new build in West Carrollton!
$400-$500k: 22 sales; West End was the winner in this department
$500-$750k: 27 sales; Mid-City was the hottest ‘hood in this price point; this also included a new build in Freret
$750k-$1M: 16 sales; Audubon was our winner with 4 of these sales; there was also new build in the Marigny
$1M & Up: 11 sales; Audubon was the winner of this category with six sales; the highest sale was $2.375M
- 0-$100k: no sales
- $100-$200k: 15 sales; 7th Ward had the most sales
- $200-$300k: 13 sales; St. Claude was the winner
- $300-$400k: 13 sales; Central City had two of the sales; the rest were scattered across the city
- $400-$500k: 5 sales; these sales were dispersed throughout the city
- $500-$750k: 11 sales; Uptown had three of those sales
- $750k-$1M: 2 sales; Central City & Lower Garden District
- $1M & Up: 1 sale; Audubon for $1.442M
Would you like to see the number for other areas of the city? Contact us!