Welcome to Hot Hoods – where we tell you what the hottest neighborhoods of New Orleans were for the past month! This is the November 2022 edition.
0-$100k: 4 sales total and all were in New Orleans East
$100k-$200k: 37 sales; New Orleans East & Algiers had the bulk of the sales; this even included a new build in the East!
$200k-$300k: 36 sales; Algiers & Gentilly were neck in neck on this one; houses ranged from new construction (Lower 9th) to houses in need of full renovations (Algiers Point)
$300k-$400k: 24 sales; Gentilly had the most sales; there was even a new build in Treme in this price range!
$400-$500k: 23 sales; Gentilly was the winner in this department; ranging from a new build in Algiers to a full renovation project in East Riverside
$500-$750k: 29 sales; Lakeview was the hottest ‘hood in this price point AGAIN; this also included a new build in Filmore
$750k-$1M: 9 sales; the actual Uptown neighborhood had the majority of these
$1M & Up: 8 sales; Garden District was the winner of this category; the highest sale was $1.75M in Bayou St. John though
- 0-$100k: 1 sale; Gert Town
- $100-$200k: 11 sales; St. Roch had the most sales
- $200-$300k: 18 sales; Hollygrove was the winner
- $300-$400k: 12 sales; Navarre was the winner with only 2 of those sales – it was all over the place
- $400-$500k: 14 sales; the winner was Bywater
- $500-$750k: 8 sales; East Carrollton had two of those sales
- $750k-$1M: 4 sales; Central City, Uptown, Audubon, Bayou St. John
- $1M & Up: 1 sale; Irish Channel for 2.125M
Would you like to see the number for other areas of the city? Contact us!