Welcome to Hot Hoods – where we tell you what the hottest neighborhoods of New Orleans were for the past month! This is the September 2022 edition.
0-$100k: 9 sales total; New Orleans East had the majority of those sales; with the lowest sale occurring in Holy Cross for $33k (it was a teardown)
$100k-$200k: 44 sales; New Orleans East & Gentilly dominated for this price range; it even included two new builds in Gentilly Woods!
$200k-$300k: 45 sales; Gentilly & Algiers had the majority of these sales; houses ranged from new construction (Pontchartrain Park) to houses in need of full renovations (Broadmoor)
$300k-$400k: 30 sales; Mid-City had the most sales (full gut renovation needed in Bayou St. John to new builds in the 7th Ward)
$400-$500k: 19 sales; Irish Channel & Milan were the hottest spots
$500-$750k: 35 sales; Lakeview was the hottest ‘hood in this price point AGAIN; this also included a Fontainebleau new construction home
$750k-$1M: 17 sales; Lake Vista had the most sales with 4 of them
$1M & Up: 12 sales; Audubon was the winner of this category; the highest sale was $2.4M in Country Club Gardens!
- 0-$100k: 1 sale; New Orleans East
- $100-$200k: 13 sales; St. Roch had the most sales
- $200-$300k: 26 sales; St. Claude had the majority
- $300-$400k: 18 sales; Mid-City & 7th Ward each had 5 of these sales
- $400-$500k: 10 sales; the winner was St. Roch
- $500-$750k: 11 sales; East Carrollton & Touro were tied with 2 each
- $750k-$1M: 1 sale: Esplanade Ridge
- $1M & Up: 3 sales; the Audubon neighborhood had 2 of these sales with the highest price being $1.45M
Would you like to see the number for other areas of the city? Contact us!
Ready to find your own New Orleans home? Text us!