Sunday, November 28th
- The Maccabeats Chanukah Concert 2 pm – 4 pm: Celebrate Chanukah at the JCC with Chanukah snacks and a live concert by The Maccabeats! Admission is free and open to the community. A reservation is required, as are masks and proof of vaccination for all who are eligible.
- Chanukah at Riverwalk 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm A celebration of Jewish pride! Lighting up the night on the Mississippi River. Kosher food, music, hot latkes, dreidels, gelt, Menorah and candles, face-painting. Features the Chanukah Story Trail and the Generation to Generation Lighting Ceremony. The largest Menorah in Louisiana!
Wednesday, December 1st
- Chanukah Candle Making 6 pm Join Tribe for a Chanukah celebration at Gates of Prayer! We will be making our very own candles to create some light and warmth this winter! Feel free to bring your own menorah so we can light together. Latkes and donuts will be served!
Friday, December 3rd
- Lights & Latkes 6 pm Join us for our wonderful annual tradition of lighting the Temple’s outdoor Chanukah Menorah on St. Charles Ave. Lighting ceremony at 6:00 PM followed by Chanukah songs and celebration. Enjoy a latke outside (courtesy of Latke Daddy pop-up) as we wish each other a very “Happy Chanukah!”
- Shabbat of Chanukah Service 6:30 pm Temple Sinai Sanctuary 6227 St. Charles Ave.
Monday, December 6th
- Festival of [Neon] Lights 6 pm – 8 pm What better place to celebrate Chanukah, the festival of lights, than at a neon gallery? Join JNOLA and JP Nola – the LGBTQ+ program of the Jewish Federation – at Big Sexy Neon (1618 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.)