Category: Community

Halloween Activities 2021

The witching season is upon us! While you’re buying all the fun-size Snickers and decorating the yard with ghosts and skeletons – check out all the other activities we found for kids and grown-ups! Some of these are outside of New Orleans, but they were too good not to mention!     Pumpkin Patches… Read more »

READ MORE

What Hurricane Ida Taught Us

Many of us are sitting in hotels or hot homes waiting for Entergy to restore our power. As we sit there feeling anxious, helpless, etc., there are some lessons we are all taking away from Hurricane Ida. Even the experienced hurricane pros are learning something new this go-round! Here are the things we learned… Read more »

READ MORE

Local Greeting Cards in New Orleans

Greetings, birthdays, holidays, baby announcements – whatever it is, I am sending you a card. I LOVE sending and receiving correspondence through the old snail mail system. And what’s awesome is that many of you have begun feeling the same way after the debacle that was 2020… that has stretched into 2021. We all… Read more »

READ MORE

New Orleans Based Subscription Boxes

Subscription boxes have been all the rage for a while. Boxes like StitchFix send you clothes, and ipsy sends you makeup samples. But, what I was on the hunt for were some New Orleans based boxes so we can keep supporting our own! Check out all the ones we could find across the New… Read more »

READ MORE