Category: Community

Be A Good Neighbor

Being a good neighbor goes further than just lending someone some sugar and watering their plants while they are out of town. We think that knowing your neighbors, and at least being cordial, is the key to a great neighborhood too. I mean, it is New Orleans, you’re going to have at least… Read more »

READ MORE

Don’t Move to New Orleans

Some of y’all just shouldn’t move to New Orleans. It’s not for everyone. And it’s definitely not like the BS they show you on TV. (I’m looking at you K-Ville & NCIS: New Orleans) I am born and raised in New Orleans. I am a 5th generation New Orleanian. All that being said –… Read more »

READ MORE

Top 5 Reasons to Live in the LGD

The Lower Garden District, aka the LGD, is a neighborhood loved by many in New Orleans. Flanked by the Garden District and the Warehouse District neighborhoods, the Lower Garden is filled with lots of different characters. Service industry, younger and older professionals, families, and people who have been in the same house since birth. The… Read more »

READ MORE

COVID-19 & Real Estate: What To Know

Updated: 3/30/2020 While the city of New Orleans prepares to tackle COVID-19 and cancels events across the city, many people are still wondering about real estate. Is this now a bad time to buy or sell? Should they stop everything they’re doing?   First things first – don’t panic.  While everyone at home has… Read more »

READ MORE

Family Friendly Mardi Gras

written by: Nicholas Peddle   Kids & Carnival: Your Guide to Family-Friendly Mardi Gras   It’s Carnival Time, y’all! One of the great things about Mardi Gras in New Orleans is that there are a variety of ways to celebrate. While some among us may be putting the finishing touches on an epic costume (so.… Read more »

READ MORE

Be New Orleans Playlists

Y’all – it ain’t New Orleans if there isn’t some music blasting somewhere. Whether it’s the house on Tchoup that has bubble machines and loud tunes, a dive bar on the corner in the Bywater, live music at Le Bon Temps, or in your car cruising down Claiborne – New Orleanians LOVE them some… Read more »

READ MORE

3 Great Reasons to Get Organized & Stay That Way

Written by: Melissa Willis   Getting organized is often part of the top ten New Year’s Resolutions and/or it appears on many goal lists at any time of year. For some folks, it happens naturally; others, it’s a never-ending battle where the clutter typically wins. Then there are people who clutter doesn’t cause any internal… Read more »

READ MORE