Category: Community

Where to Swim in New Orleans: 2019

LAWD! It’s HOT, y’all. I know… I scream this every year like I forgot how bad it can get. If you aren’t lucky enough to have a New Orleans home with a pool – then we must find an alternative solution. Take a look at where you can beat the heat this summer while… Read more »

READ MORE

How to Prep for Hurricane Season in New Orleans

June 1st marks the beginning of hurricane season! Anyone in New Orleans who lived here during Hurricane Katrina immediately has their PTSD flare-up. If you’re wondering how to prep for hurricane season in New Orleans – you’re in the right place. Whether you are new to New Orleans or born and bred, hurricane preparation… Read more »

READ MORE

How to Recycle in New Orleans

New Orleans should kind of be ashamed of themselves with how much waste we make. We measure the success of Mardi Gras by how much trash we produce – which, TBH, is sad. What we need to do is look at are more sustainable ways to do business. Many local bars and restaurants have… Read more »

READ MORE

Is Marijuana Legal in New Orleans?

Is marijuana legal in Louisiana? Is marijuana legal in New Orleans? People ask this all the time since we have very lax drinking laws in New Orleans. Marijuana is not yet legal in New Orleans for recreational use. With a prescription, you can partake. Learn more below!   What is coming?  Medical marijuana is… Read more »

READ MORE

French Quarter Fest Alternatives

The time has come! French Quarter Fest is this weekend! If you agree with a lot of other locals, then FQF has become too crowded and way too big. Props to them for making this free festival all it can be! Some of us long for the good ‘ol days when it was a… Read more »

READ MORE

Get A Little Dirt On Your Hands

Few things feel more rewarding to me than planting something and watching it grow. Seriously, the joy I feel when one of my plants is blooming is pure – be it a flower,  a jalapeño, or a satsuma – there is something inspiring about knowing you planted, nurtured, and cared for a plant… Read more »

READ MORE

New Orleans Seasons

Welcome to New Orleans y’all! If you didn’t know before you to here, we don’t really have different weather seasons. We have summer and not summer. (Every now and again we get “winter.” If you’re from up north, you won’t think much of it.) New Orleanians like to reference other type of seasons. Here… Read more »

READ MORE