Category: Community

32 Dishes to Try in New Orleans

Here at Be New Orleans, we don’t claim to be “foodies.” What we do claim though, is to love some damn food! New Orleans has so many great restaurants and dishes that it’s hard to narrow down. But, our team rose to the challenge and compiled our favorites to share with you!   Algiers… Read more »

READ MORE

Our City, My Home: Sarah M.

Welcome back to our series “Our City, My Home” where we talk to New Orleans homeowners about why they love their abode and neighborhood! Today we talk to Miss Sarah who lives in Algiers Point and will regale us with all the reasons to call it home!   How long have you lived in… Read more »

READ MORE

2022 Mardi Gras Costume Sales + Pop-Ups

Saturday, February 5th:  13th Annual Mardi Gras Costume Sale 12 pm – 4 pm, 1307 Lyons, Uptown Fabulous Carnival Costume Market 12 pm – 5 pm, 2348 St. Claude, Marigny GinaWare Costume Sale 11 am – 4 pm, 4429 Bienville, Mid-City     Sunday, February 6th:  Little Flea NOLA Mardi Gras Market noon… Read more »

READ MORE

Our City, My Home: Alex

Welcome to our series called “Our City, My Home”, where residents in the New Orleans area tell us about their digs, the neighborhood, and why they love it all! Here is the story of Alex & her abode:   What neighborhood do you live in? St. Claude   How long have you lived in… Read more »

READ MORE

NOLA Holiday Markets 2021

Sunday, November 28th Happy Raptor Distilling Art Market 1 pm – 5 pm Holiday Arts Market in Marsalis Harmony Park 10 am – 4 pm   Saturday, December 4th Merry Market at Longvue Gardens: This festive event includes shopping with local vendors, crafts, photos with Santa, and snacks from Edith and Edgar’s Museum Cafe. 1 pm – 4… Read more »

READ MORE

New Orleans Chanukah Events 2021

Sunday, November 28th The Maccabeats Chanukah Concert 2 pm – 4 pm: Celebrate Chanukah at the JCC with Chanukah snacks and a live concert by The Maccabeats! Admission is free and open to the community. A reservation is required, as are masks and proof of vaccination for all who are eligible. Chanukah at Riverwalk 4:30 pm –… Read more »

READ MORE

Record Stores in New Orleans | Mapped

One of the many things I LOVE about New Orleanians is that they are record store fanatics. After vinyl came back, we saw more record stores open around the city. The beautiful thing is that they aren’t just located downtown! It’s become very easy to find a shop either in or nearby your own… Read more »

READ MORE