Category: Community

10 Co-Working Spaces in New Orleans

In a city full of creative types and entrepreneurs, co-working space is essential to our community. People need flexible options for spaces to work, collaborate, and have meetings. We have gathered up all the co-working spaces we could find in the area to help make your search a little easier!      #1: The… Read more »

READ MORE

Louisiana Tree Laws

Living in the New Orleans area means you have trees everywhere. This includes BIG trees, like 100-year-old oak trees. As people look at property to purchase, they ask how the trees may affect them down the road. Here is the quick lowdown on tree laws in Louisiana. Please note: this is NOT legal advice,… Read more »

READ MORE

Our City, My Home: Glenn & Elise

When we met Glenn & Elise, it was the middle of the pandemic and they were ready for more space ASAP! We jumped on it and went to work. They were looking all over the Westbank, but we felt Algiers would be where they landed. The community feel and easy location won them over… Read more »

READ MORE

Insurance in New Orleans – June 2022

Insurance in the New Orleans area is absolutely abysmal right now. Changes in companies and policies are changing daily. Please note the info provided is good as of 6/22/22 and you should keep in touch with your insurance provider to get current details.   The Nitty Gritty Hurricane Ida caused more of a financial… Read more »

READ MORE

Free (or cheap!) New Orleans Fitness Classes

Picture it: it’s the year 2022 and everything is expensive. Rent, gas, electricity – you know it, the prices are up. The good news is that not all your workouts have to cost a fortune. You can quit paying an expensive monthly gym membership and take advantage of free (or cheap!) fitness classes in… Read more »

READ MORE

Places to be Quiet in New Orleans

New Orleans can be loud. We are loud people, there is music always blasting from somewhere, and sounds of trains and cars are everywhere. In a world full of noise, here are some places to be quiet in New Orleans.       Our list includes: The Singing Oak in City Park – the… Read more »

READ MORE

Our City, My Home: Stevie & John

In a continuation of our series “Our City, My Home,” today we check out Stevie & John’s mid-century modern beauty! Draped in greenery and perfectly styled vignettes, they are quick to remind me that their home didn’t always look like this. They rolled the dice, ripped out all the cheap renovations done to the… Read more »

READ MORE