The New Orleans neighborhood known as Holy Cross is one of the best-kept secrets around. This section of the city is home to some amazing people – neighbors who look out for each other and have no problem lending a cup of sugar when needed.
What are other reasons to love living in Holy Cross?
- Holy Cross sits on higher ground and the majority of it is an X flood zone
- It’s a racially diverse neighborhood
- Many houses have ample yard space
- Amazing views of the French Quarter and Mississippi
- Residents enjoy walking their dogs and jogging along the levee
- Commute to downtown is easy
- Affordable housing prices
- Appealing architectural styles
While Holy Cross doesn’t have many dining options, Cafe Dauphine is a treasure for the neighborhood – they offer traditional Southern comfort food. Mercedes Place is a locally run bar that will frequently sell hot plates and snacks too.
If you’ve been wanting a historic property in New Orleans and want a more residential setting, then Holy Cross is waiting for you.
Need a New Orleans real estate agent to help you find your new home? Text us!