Spooky season is back again, and everyone is looking for fun things to do! From 5ks to pumpkin patches, we’ve searched high and low to gather all the awesome activities in and around the New Orleans area!
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 1031 S Carrollton, New Orleans. M-Th 3-6:30pm, Fri 3-7pm, Sat-Sun 9am-7pm
- First Presbyterian Church 5401 S Claiborne, New Orleans. M-F 3 pm-dusk, Sat 10am-dusk, Sun 1 pm-dusk
- St. Paul’s Episcopal School 6249 Canal, New Orleans. M-F 3:30-6pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm (credit card only)
- NOLA Craft Culture Glitter Pumpkin Patch 127 S Solomon, New Orleans. 10/15-10/16, 10/22-10/23 12:00-6:00pm
- St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church, 3412 Haring Rd, Metairie. M-F 12-8pm, Sat-Sun 9am-8pm
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 3245 Manhattan Blvd, Harvey. Mon-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 12-6pm (opens Oct 16th)
- Banting’s Nursery, 3425 River Road, Bridge City. Mon-Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-4pm (delivery available)
- Mrs. Heather’s Pumpkin Patch 11215 Lee’s Lane, Hammond. M-Sun 9 am-5 pm (cash only)
Boo Carre Halloween Haunt Oct 15th; The French Market District’s annual free one-day kid-centric event encourages costumes for all ages and will feature live music, children’s activities, a spooktacular Spooky Second Line, and trick-or-treating. In the French Market District, children wearing a costume can receive a free Boo Carre tote bag for trick-or-treating. One bag per child while supplies last. This event is free and open to the public.
Boo at the Zoo Oct 21st-23rd; Safe and friendly Trick or Treating, Seasonal crafts to make and take home, Weave your way through the A-MAZE-ing Maze, A spooky Haunted House, Themed photo opportunities, Food trucks featuring local fare.
Ghouls and Goblins Tea Oct 29th; Bring your littlest ghouls and goblins along for a scary good time at The Ritz-Carlton! Children will enjoy festive Halloween-themed snacks in the French Quarter Balcony.
For the Grown Ups
Brews and Boos Oct 28th-29th; Brews and Boos feature adults-only access to the Carousel Gardens and Amusement Park and a GHASTLY amount of beer for guys and ghouls 21+.
Witches Luncheon Oct 28th; The main dining room of the Windsor Court Hotel will be decorated with witch inspiration and Veuve items – a great combination. Tickets for Witches Luncheon are $75 and include the Halloween Plate Lunch (a main and three sides) and one glass of Veuve.
Anne Rice’s Official Vampire Ball, “Reign of Osiris.” Oct 29th; Join Anne Rice’s Vampire Lestat Fan Club for our 34th Annual Gathering of the Coven at our lavish Masquerade Ball! Open premium bar, full gourmet dinner, live band, strolling musical and performance art. Live Auction benefiting Save Our Cemeteries. Gift Bags and Door Prizes.
The “Howl-O-Weenie” Dog Costume Contest: a fashionably furry & fun event to benefit Zeus’ Rescues! Oct 15th; Howl-O-Weenie is THE DOG COSTUME CONTEST event of the Halloween Season!! Come see dressed-up pups do their little turn on the dog walk.
LOOP NOLA Trick-or-Treat Treasure Hunt Oct 21st-23rd, 28th-30th; Never gone trick-or-treating by canoe in City Park? Here’s your chance for a family-friendly adventure you’re sure to remember. Families receive a map and paddle off to find where spooky characters have hidden their candy troves. Costumes are encouraged! All experience levels and ages are welcome.
Krewe of Boo Oct 22nd; 6:30pm
Longue Vue Fall Fest Oct 29th; Join us for a beautiful fall afternoon filled with harvest crafts, lawn games, and trick-or-treating at the many doors of Longue Vue, plus individual and family costume contests!
Halloween Tea Oct 29th, 30th; Le Salon at Windsor Court Hotel gets spooky as costumed characters take over tea. Perfect for all ages and costumes are encouraged. This year’s Halloween Tea theme is Hocus Pocus and guests may spot one of the three Hocus Pocus witches parading around Le Salon to take pictures with. On-theme desserts and specialty cocktails will be featured to accompany the decadent afternoon with the finest teas, teatime treats, and legendary cocktails.
5ks & Runs
- New Orleans Zombie Run Oct 22nd; Escape the clutches of the Big Easy Rollergirls who are the Zombie Killers! The outbreak is contained in downtown New Orleans where a quarantine zone has been mapped out for zombies, humans, and monsters alike.
- Big Easy Halloween Half Marathon & 5k Oct 30th
- New Orleans Nightmare 319 Butterworth St; General Admission $29.99
- The Mortuary 4800 Canal; General Admission $25
Happy Halloween, everyone!