The weather is still nice and it kind of feels like what New Orleanians *think* fall is like! If you’re itching to get out this week, here are our hand-picked top events of the week!
Monday, October 18th
- What: Bear With Me Open Mic
- Where: Twelve Mile Limit
- Time: Sign-Up at 7 pm; Starts at 7:30 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Win a free drink by writing the best joke from their fishbowl of topics! Not a comedian, that’s ok too! Enjoy the laughs with a great cocktail and some awesome food!
- Social Media: Twitter @bearwithmemic
Tuesday, October 19th
- What: Bounce Ya Brass
- Where: Crescent Park
- Time: 5:45 pm – 6:45 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Free workout class provided by Move Ya Brass, Make Ya Move Foundation, & French Market New Orleans. Guaranteed to get your heart rate up and have a good time!
- Social Media: Move Ya Brass Facebook
Wednesday, October 20th
- What: Community Yoga Class
- Where: City Park on the Great Lawn (Close to Victory Ave.; StoryLand side)
- Time: 6 pm – 7 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Hosted by Crescent City Yoga, this is a no experience necessary & FREE class at City Park. All yoga levels, all genders, all people. Donations accepted.
- Social Media: Crescent City Yoga Facebook
Thursday, October 21st
- What: Games in the Gardens
- Where: Longue Vue Gardens, 7 Bamboo Rd., New Orleans 70124
- Time: 5 pm – 7 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Tickets $100/person; an evening of food, fun, philanthropy featuring croquet, boules, table tennis, chipping, & more. Music by Harry Hardin Trio.
- Website: Longue Vue Games in the Gardens
Friday, October 22nd
- What: HooDoo Love By: Katori Hall
- Where: Robert E. Nims Theatre, 2000 Lakeshore Dr. New Orleans 70148
- Time: 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Event by theatre UNO; Tickets range from Free (Students & UNO Alumni) to $15 for general admission; This play is a southern blues tale. In desperation to capture her lover’s heart, Toulou turns to HooDoo Magic but the cards don’t quite play out in her favor.
- Social Media: Theatre UNO Facebook
Saturday, October 23rd
- What: New Orleans Craft Culture Glitter Pumpkin Patch
- Where: 127 S. Solomon, New Orleans 70119
- Time: 10 am – 6 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Enjoy the seasonal fun of a pumpkin patch but with uniquely New Orleans style at NOLA Craft Culture’s GLITTER PUMPKIN PATCH. Free admission, photo ops, glittered decor, and craft supplies for sale.
- Website: NOLA Craft Culture
Sunday, October 24th
- What: Bingo with the Big Easy Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
- Where: Second Line Brewing, 433 N. Bernadotte, New Orleans 70119
- Time: 6 pm – 8 pm
- Info/Lagniappe: Costume contest & bingo! $10 buy-in gets 10 bingo cards & your first draft beer FREE!
- Social Media: Big Easy Sisters Facebook & Second Line Brewing Insta @secondlinebrew
If you need a local Realtor that loves the city as much as you do, text us!
Contact Team Be New Orleans