365 New Orleans is focused on local artists and businesses. Every single day, for one year, a new person or place will be highlighted. Follow along on Instagram: @365NewOrleans
The gals of Where Y’Art, Collin & Cat, are pretty badass. They have a location in the Marigny and their online site is a 24-hour online gallery. My favorite part of Where Y’Art is why they do what they do:
People of every possible background and description make art in New Orleans. We believe the audience for that art should be equally inclusive. Art doesn’t have to be intimidating and enjoying it shouldn’t require a specialized degree. It’s the lifeblood of our city, New Orleans’ greatest natural resource. Our art should be as approachable as the city that inspired it.
1. What products and services do you offer?
Where Y’Art curates an online gallery where you can meet over 100 New Orleans artists — from painters to sculptors, craftsmen and jewelry designers — discover their passions and learn their stories. It’s a 24-hour meeting place where the artist is always present and the wall space knows no limits. We also maintain a physical gallery in New Orleans’ historic Faubourg Marigny neighborhood along with satellite galleries across the city.
Where Y’Art also offers art consulting services for commercial clients. We connect businesses and commercial projects with our creative and diverse artist community. We collaborate with business owners, interior designers, hospitality and film industry professionals to deliver customized art programs, matching a collection of works to the vision of the space.
2. How long have you been in business?
We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary. Hard to believe that it has been 5 years!
3. How do people find you online?
At Where Y’Art’s online gallery you can:
* Browse New Orleans art and get to know the artists behind each piece
* Search local art by category, color, collection, price or neighborhood
* Message directly with artists on the platform
* Read the Where Y’Art blog to keep up with the latest trends in New Orleans art
* Purchase artwork to be shipped or picked up locally
4. What is lesser known about your business that you wish more people knew?
All of our satellite galleries are smartphone interactive. You can scan each piece to learn more about each piece and the artist. Check out the satellite galleries at The Old No. 77 Hotel and The Cambria Hotel.
5. Lagniappe Info.
* We are an all female team.
* Our logo, the Where Y’Art clover is our symbol for community. It is comprised of four leaves representing a different visual media. The wood represents our makers, purple (textile & fashion), red (fine art) and the gradient (design). It is a symbol of collaboration, unity and strength in the idea that as a whole we are stronger than our independent parts.
Stop by Where Y’Art located at 1901 Royal.